- 36% - More than a third of undergraduate students are over age 25.
- 13% - More than one is eight students are single parents. Compared to married parents, single parents are more likely to have low-incomes To pay tuition and arrange child care, they need more assistance.
- 23% - Nearly a quarter of college students are parents.
- 14.8% of undergraduate students are African American / Black (and increasing).
- 13.5% of undergraduate students are Hispanic (and increasing).
- 32% - Almost one-third of all undergraduates work 35 hours or ore per week.
- 46% - Undergraduate part-time enrollment is at 46%. However, there is a growing gap between the price of tuition and availability of grant aid.
Retrieved from Center for Postsecondary and Economic Success (2011). Yesterday's nontraditional student is today's traditional student.